- available anytime/anywhere for students
- easy to create, distribute, and download -- no professional equipment is required
- new podcasts are auto-downloaded
- can restrict podcasts to students enrolled in the course
- power of audio over text -- students can listen and learn while walking, riding, waiting in line, etc.
- entire file is downloaded to students' computer/device
- need sufficient bandwidth to download the podcasts in a timely fashion
- limited usefulness for hearing impaired people
- no interactivity -- audience cannot participate, etc.
- intellectual property issues